: Main Dish / Tex Mex
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1-16 ounce can chili beans
- 1-16 ounce bottle French dressing
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 large package tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ cup prepared salsa
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and drain excess fat.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, chili beans and French-style dressing. Fill the dressing bottle ⅔ full of water and add to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Crush the bag of chips, open the bag, and toss the broken chips into a large bowl with the lettuce, cheese and tomatoes.
- When the meat mixture is done, combine it with the lettuce, tomatoes, chips and mix well.
- Then, add salsa and sour cream.
Serve immediately. You don't want the chips to get soggy.